If you are a novice player and decide to play poker on the web or even if you are a player but making a transition now you will need to learn and re-learn a few things. It is not easy playing online poker since the biggest disadvantage over here will be that you cannot see your opponents. You will not be able to read their expressions or body language and this makes it difficult to tell them tells. Poker in India is a growing phenomenon and according to new articles, many people are swapping their high paying finance jobs for poker games. An easy route to making lakhs or crores in one night. All this definitely sounds alluring but it is not always the same, not everybody can make a successful poker career but nonetheless today according to the statistics there are at least on an average a thousand people signing up on poker websites through the week. Poker is a game that everybody can play and hence, is attractive to many students, and other demographics to play it. Following this, there has also been a tremendous rise in the number of portals online where people can sign up. Therefore, spoiling the users for choice.
The first and foremost step to be good at poker online is to choose the right website out of the many. You need to remember that poker involves money and when you make online transactions you need to be on a safe and secure portal. Below are some steps to choose one of the best poker sites in India.
1. Search for the bonuses and offers offered by the website. These are usually for the new players and is free money they get to play poker. If you decide to play for higher stakes then a website with good bonuses will work for you.
2. The second reason is the number of people that play on the website. The amount of traffic a website receives shows how authentic it is. Make sure the website you choose has constant action going on and the tournaments you wish to play are prizeworthy.
3. The software that you need to play poker and if the website has easy software then you should opt for it. Every website has animations and 3D graphics, these are the usual distractions that do not allow you to play poker hence, a website that is smooth running is important.
4. Reviews are a great and traditional way of knowing if a website is genuine or not. Though today reviews can be bought you can still trust them to decide.
Now that we have seen how to choose a website, to begin with. Let us move onto reading a few tips on how to be good at poker by strategizing. Strategies and poker go hand-in-hand and you need to learn and practice them using the freeroll poker tournaments offered by the website.
1. Bankroll management: this is the most important point you will have to bear in mind if you play online poker. While this stands true for traditional poker too at least you can see and feel your money but in online poker, since everything is virtual it becomes difficult to control it. Therefore, keep a constant check on your bankroll and do not play for more than what you have.
2. Avoid the tilt: at any cost. This is vital if you want to play poker for a living. Emotions have no place at a poker table and bad bankroll management plus tilt is the recipe for your downfall.
3. Distractions: these are a big disadvantage when you are playing online poker. You tend to play at home or somewhere else and the surroundings are noisy, or too many things happening around. This will lead you to lose focus. Make sure you create a distraction-free zone for yourself, so you can focus on the game.
4. Do not hesitate to fold: the earlier you learn this the better, as a young and novice player you are bound to be enthusiastic but if you do not have the right cards for the game then simply do not play them. Fold and leave the table you will thank yourself later.
Last but not least, these tips and tricks should be followed and you will learn everything over a period of time. Another important trait for a good poker player is patience and skill. Do not be in a hurry, just download poker game today and play till you succeed!